[Frama-c-discuss] RE : using library function in frama-C

Hello,

Frama-C can be used on programs containing calls to library functions
also known as leaf functions in some parts of the manuals, i.e. function prototypes
without an associated body. Functions from the C standard library are not special in this
respect, except that the headers provided by compilers such as gcc tend to rely on their
own built-in functions which renders them difficult to parse with Frama-C.

In addition, depending on the kind of properties you want to establish on your program,
you may need to provide some specification, or an implementation for these functions. This is
already the case for a few functions in the share/frama-c directory of your installation, mostly
under the form of an implementation, for use with the value analysis plugin.
A project with our colleagues at Fraunhofer FIRST has started in September on this topic
(http://www.first.fraunhofer.de/owx_1_4951_2_2_0_2f0471d9a8fbdc.html), so that you can expect
to see standard specifications in some future release of Frama-C.

More specifically, a certain number of math functions have an ACSL built-in counterpart (operating over the real
type of mathematical reals), which you can use in your specifications. In particular,
you have access to a \cos and a \sin function.

Virgile Prevosto
Ing?nieur-Chercheur
CEA, LIST,
Laboratoire des logiciels s?rs