[Frama-c-discuss] Re: questions about FRAMA-C

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Re: questions about FRAMA-C
  • From: yannick.moy at gmail.com (Yannick Moy)
  • Date: Fri Oct 31 14:51:35 2008

Hi,

I tried the last version released (Lithium) on your struct example, it works
properly and all VC are proved with any of Alt-Ergo, Simplify or Z3 prover
(but not Yices).

On your enum examples, I got an error in function p1:

Error: Casting from type int  to type struct enum___anonenum_RESULTAT_1_P *
not allowed

This is because you assign [last] instead of [*last].
Then, for the case without function, I had to rewrite function
[function2_res] to add an obvious cast to [RESULTAT]

/*@ predicate function2_res{L}(int n) =
  @  result((RESULTAT)OK,n);
  @*/

This is a bug (no cast should be needed here), for which I have filled bug
6622 in the public BTS of Frama-C.
Except that, some VC are not proved because not provable.

On your last enum example with function, the verification proceeds
adequately. Of course, some VC are not proved because not provable.

HTH,

--
Yannick